Allow the romantic spirit infuse your home with grace, style and sweetness. Show a treasured photo, pick up a lost art or attempt a DIY job — if you want to romance someone special or reveal yourself a little additional love, these 13 thoughts are great ways to get started.
1. Make a statement with flowering branches. In the event that you usually choose blossoms, try something different and reach for the most luscious-looking armful of flowering branches you can find — by a flower shop or, if you are really lucky, clipped from the lawn. It will make a stunning display and last a long time.
Kate Riley – Centsational Girl
2. Frame a photo. Dig out your wedding photos or people out of your parents’ or grandparents’ wedding and also have one framed. Or select a favorite digital photo and convert it into black and white to get artsy, classic flair.
Kristin Peake Interiors, LLC
3. Create DIY art. Have amazing handwriting? Pick up a prepared canvas and supplies at your local art shop, and get painting! An easy repeated phrase, such as the “I adore you” shown here, would function nicely as a DIY job. Be sure to compose the text in pencil, then paint over it to prevent mistakes — or use letter stencils instead.
Charmean Neithart Interiors
4. Bring home a classical bust. Search local shops or internet resources like 1stdibs and also the Products section for a piece of sculpture which occupies your heart. While authentic antiques are rather pricey, you can find quality reproductions or even midcentury classic busts at lower prices.
Jessica Lagrange Interiors
5. Take up the lost art of correspondence. Produce a writing haven for yourself, stocked with lovely stories and envelopes, your favourite pens, stamps and an address book. Write love notes, “bread and butter” thank-yous or longer letters to older relatives who may not be using email. I can not think of anyone who is not delighted to get a handwritten note in the mail!
Jute Interior Design
6. Romance your bath. Don’t wait for visitors to drop in to liven up your bathroom. A pretty hand towel, a posy of flowers and a scented candle will please you every time you walk.
Palmerston Design Consultants
7. Start looking for a brand new spin on heart art. Warm up a modern space using a nonfussy yet romantic print. A tendency to watch for now is photography overlaid with semitransparent graphic art, such as the artwork shown here.
Tim Barber Ltd Architecture
8. Put flowers in sudden places. Rather than the usual huge vase of flowers on the dining table or in the living space, consider creating a bunch of minibouquets to disperse throughout your home. Place them beside your bed, on the kitchen counter, in the restroom, tucked into a bookshelf or on a windowsill.
9. Hang up a sign. A petite chalkboard or zinc signal is the perfect place to write small notes which will cheer up all who pass.
Jane Lockhart Interior Design
10. Have breakfast (or at least java) in bed ). If breakfast in bed sounds unrealistic, place yourself up for success by planning to get coffee in bed rather. Establish a tray the night before along with your favourite coffee cup, a napkin and a bud vase. In the morning, bring the tray and a carafe of coffee and rush back to bed with the newspaper or a book.
11. Make the breakfast more special. In case you don’t usually bother to place the table at breakfast, consider giving it a shot. A cheery collection of quilted placemats, colorful dishes, a pot of jam and a jar of wildflowers will be heaven.
12. Proceed with wallpaper. Papering your bedroom with a lush print will instantly make the room feel cozier yet somehow more spacious. Toile, such as the one shown here, or even a scene with branches and birds will provide the most depth to the space.
Kate Michels Landscape Design
13. Set a table for 2. Tuck a tiny table and 2 seats in a vacant place somewhere less expected — an underused portion of the backyard, from the window in your bedroom or tucked near the fireplace in the living room.