Statement chandeliers, soft colour palettes and comfortable seating ruled the most popular dining spaces on over the last year. Each of these elegant rooms has a distinct ambience — and users liked different components in each one. Whether it’s comfortable furniture, bold accents or lasting material choices, something from 2012’s most popular dining rooms may get an idea or two to your own home, too.
Here are the dining area photos added to most users’ ideabooks in 2012. Obviously, this is only a smattering of the most popular dining area images on . Visit the photos page to navigate for the best dining area ideas for your personal style.
LLC & Sons, Ellen Grasso
1. Gold and turquoise in Texas. readers loved the daring statement the designer made with the curves of the chairs, table and chandelier, in addition to the texture offered from the antiqued mirror and blue walls.
D&D Interiors / Mikhail Dantes
2. Contemporary open fireplace in Denver. A double-sided fireplace both separates and joins the dining and living rooms within this ranch home. The mix of stone tiles on the floor and fireplace complements the shell chandelier — a combination ers loved.
Michael Abrams Limited
3. Simple and spacious in Chicago. Blue was a favorite colour for dining rooms on this year, including this traditional space. Contrasting paint brings attention to the details of the trim.
4. Midcentury Modern in Minnesota. Upholstered chairs bring the blue into this dining area. The pendant chandelier helps to tie in the glistening starburst mirror and deco table lamp.
The Anderson Studio of Architecture & Design
5. Beachfront viewpoints in South Carolina. Sometimes an incredible view is all that is required to decorate a room. The Atlantic Ocean ordered this room’s shore style — by the rattan chairs to the worn wooden dining table.
Linda McDougald Design | Postcard from Paris Home
6. New traditional in South Carolina. Paneled siding painted a soft palate combines traditional and contemporary elements in this dining area. While the furniture is stunning, ers saved this photo for all the architectural details, including the ceiling beams, trim and transom windows.
Splash Kitchens & Baths LLC
7. Entertainment friendly in Georgia. Ideal for entertaining, this kitchen layout feels welcoming and warm. Everything in the wine rack to the cheerful table setting, to the joyful wall artwork made this room ideabookworthy.
Brandon Architects, Inc..
8. Newport Beach neutrals. A dining area doesn’t have to be expansive to generate an effect, according to this simple space in California. Although the dining table and chairs do not occupy a whole lot of room, high-impact accents — drapes, drapes and wall artwork — make the space especially inspiring.
9. Cozy seating in California. ers adored the concept of eating in relaxation in 2012, so upholstered dining chairs were particularly common. These lavish white and pink chairs appear perfect for postmeal lounging.
10. Rustic glam in Denver. Rustic materials unite with metallic accents in this dining room space. A fitting bench sits next to the table for a little additional seats — something many users noted in their ideabooks.
Next: Read more popular dining room photos or search for the style that you like best.